2.08.2009

Rambling... 2


I slept in this morning - daughter is with my mom and dad... we went to the fabric store yesterday to buy patterns and fabric for daughters costumes for musical theatre class. Musical theatre is an odd class for her... I didn't really think she'd take the class but she did and I think now she finds it fun. At first she was hesitant - then the teacher gave her the role of Belle when they did a song from Beauty and the Beast this fall and she was really hesitant... but she did it... funny, she couldn't understand why on earth they wanted her to be Belle... gee... hmmm.... let's see.... couldn't be because you LOOKED the part now could it?

So one day we were driving to dance (we're always driving to dance) talking about this class and we were singing, I think to the Wicked soundtrack, and both of us just being animated and loud - and when the song was over I said, "Isn't that fun? To just be and act silly sometimes - to be someone, something else for a minute - why do you think I put your rhinestone tiara on all the time? It's just fun!" And she said, with the brightness of a light bulb clicking on, "Yeah... it sorta is." And now she likes musical theatre, she's been putting herself out there and just having fun, not stressing about it... and so I have to make a costume for a song from Children of Eden (she's Eve) and Annie (she's just an orphan - inside joke) and also I'm making the costumes for Hairspray (this costume is being used for one number in musical theatre and one company dance). I'm only making the Hairspray costume though - my mom is making the other two. I came up with a brilliant, clever idea (if I do say so...) - the Eve costume will be a reversible sack dress - one side will be plain and the other side will have patches and we'll add bloomers and it will be, ta da, an orphan costume! Two birds with one stone baby, two birds....

While in the fabric store music was playing - you know how stores will do that - I guess it makes you comfortable and relaxed and then you spend more money - I don't know... but this song came on and it's sorta stuck in my head right now - Almost Lover.... and daughter has been singing this - Rock N Roll... (a catchy acoustic version)... and then I saw the VH1 countdown playing this - Gotta Be Somebody... which for some reason, to me, seems like an odd song for this group to sing but hey, it works - raw emotion + gritty vocals + universal subject = hit!

So next ramble... I was dreaming this morning - an odd amalgamation of stuff... at one point I was in a house that you'd see at the beach - built up off the ground - stilts I guess... but it was an older place... surrounded by foliage and vegetation... and the dance instructor was there - and all the college assistants and we were all busy for some reason... and we needed shells... lots of shells... I'm not sure why. And then there was water... everywhere. Next thing I knew my (ex) father in law was there and everyone else was gone and we were sitting on the porch and he was talking and he was crying and I was crying and we hugged. And then I was in a car, driving to a dance competition and the building was huge - and the ladies in charge started shutting off lights and told everyone to go down to the basement and I had to walk through all these class rooms while dance teams where warming up - and I finally met up with the others from our group and it was at the top of a swimming pool... and in the swimming pool were girls practicing for a synchronized swimming routine - and the coach/instructor looked at me and said, "After we're done here we're going to the BEACH!" Then I woke up... odd huh?

And I have been the most clumsy person lately - my hands are all cut up... all self inflicted. I've cut my own hands with my fingernails (which aren't even all that long) three times and I slashed my finger doing the dishes Friday. Now I have a huge purple/green bruise on my right leg just below the knee and I'm not even sure when I did it! I'm a hazzard to my own health...

And that woman in California who had the eight babies - and already had six at home? My goodness gracious - issues anyone?!? I don't dare get started on that one yet... it will take me all day and I have to work today! I need a shower (pee eww) first though... Happy Sunday!

No comments: