11.28.2010

Hope

Yes, well... guess what today is? If you guess the first Sunday in Advent you would be correct! It is the Sunday of Hope. I know we go through this every single year but hey, there is comfort in tradition and I like the practice of remembering. I like the cycle of it all. Today is the beginning of a new church year and the waiting and preparation begins like every year, and I feel a deep sense of reverence and privilege in that.

Part of today's sermon focused on the what we do while we're waiting. Do we just sit and wring our hands or do we prepare and enjoy the ride? God has a plan and so very much of the time we don't know what that plan is until it happens. I've been waiting for something and it may or may not be in God's plan for me... but I pray and I wait none the less... and I've gotten so much better at enjoying the ride! What I really need to start doing is preparing myself for the possibility because there are things I could be and should be doing to get ready. I sound cryptic, I know, but this blog is here for no other reason than to help me sort out what's in my mind - not necessarily to explain myself to others :-)

And so, she says with a smile, it's time to focus on the present once again...

I've been gathering photos of Joshua to use for part of the decorations at the engagement party this coming weekend - I've tried to get different ages... it's been sweet to look at the pictures and see how he's grown, to see the progression from baby to man... my boy... sniff sniff sigh. He was such an adorable little fella, smiling always... I think that's what touches me so much about looking at pictures of my children - so many smiles, such happy faces. I've had to have done something right somewhere along the way if I have that...

No comments: