9.27.2009

Idle Chatter

Nothing to report on the date yet, stay tuned... lol!

Ahhh ok... it's Sunday night and I'm contemplating the meaning of life - again... no not really - yeah well maybe. I'm sitting here wishing I had something really sweet to eat and something really profound to say. I once told someone I wanted to blog - I had been mulling the idea over and over in my head... sort of afraid to do it - not really sure I had much to say, but knowing there was something inside me I wanted to say... and I think he asked me why, and really just questioned me in an effort to get me to understand what it was I wanted, and I told him I wanted to write profound things beautifully - or something to that effect - funny huh? But it's true - I want to write beautifully expressive things. I want to pour out the contents of my mind and heart and I want someone to read it and get it. I sometimes think that's asking a bit much - I mean gee... can we know someone without the benefit of lots of intense face to face interaction? Call me crazy, but I think we can.

Sports South is replaying the Carolina/Ole Miss game. College football is huge in the South... I'm sure it's a big deal other places too, I won't be so bold as to say the South has a corner on the market where college football obsession is concerned, but it is a big deal here - HUUUGE. In South Carolina you are in one of two camps where college ball is concerned - you are either a Clemson fan, or a Carolina fan. This house, well - as for me and mine we follow the Carolina Gamecocks. It's not always an easy thing to do - especially living in the Upstate (which seems saturated with Tiger fans). But I loved my years at the University of South Carolina and I am happy to call myself a Gamecock.

Being a Gamecock is not for the faint of heart, it requires a lot of loyalty and faith - we don't always have the most productive seasons or the most consistent luck. There is a tenacity to it, an inability to give up even when you think you should... even when everything you see tells you you should. But it's not that simple, and it gets into your blood and feeds a belief that eventually, one day, success will come. Every year is another opportunity - every year holds the possiblity that this year will be the year... and of course there are disappointments, always disappointments - but when it's good - wow, it's good... and that momentary elation and pride sustains through the bad, but always - always - good or bad - we are Carolina fans!

Funny how my life sorta mirrors that eh? I am tenacious and loyal - and I will fight to the death for mine... I don't give up easily, if ever at all - and I carry my faith with me where ever I go. It makes total sense I'd be a Carolina Girl... soooooo.. GO COCKS!

Oh, and yeah... I purchased a new pair of shoes today... I will take a pic soon and post it - after all, what's this little ball without a kickin' pair of shoes?

No comments: