9.04.2009

A Few Pics...

I have a friend who is a huge music person... he has a blog about it -

http://djs-groovysounds.blogspot.com/

If you've never checked it out and are curious, give it a go. Good stuff there.

So, every work day morning I park my car in the parking lot next to the town square and I walk to my office building and I see this place and it reminds me of him...this is the old B and T Tape Shoppe. Now I really have no idea what the B stands for or the T, for that matter and the place is no longer in business, but I can remember it used to be a pretty popular place to go and buy music at one time (although I personally had never been in there)... my brother would go there sometimes and find the most out of the box stuff. But then again, my brother has always been an "outta the box" kinda guy.


Daughter started dance classes this week - now the school year is in full swing... woohoo... we will be busy people again until the end of May - but that's ok :-) She goes four days a week but the only bad day is Thursday when she's there until 8:15... a little frustrating on those few nights (like last night) when Carolina plays a Thursday night game - Go Cocks! (get your mind out of the gutter, sheesh) My classes don't start until October. I am taking belly dancing and a mom's fitness class - note to self : google a place to buy a jingly skirt. I'm a little bummed my classes have to wait until October but, oh well... my mom is signed up for belly dancing too... should be good for a few laughs! So here we have the obligatory pointe shoe pic... she didn't need new ones this year - a good thing because they are both expensive (for me) and hard to break in (for her, duh) so this year we have neither the added expense nor the need to break in a new pair, oh, and no need to sew on ribbons... 'cause that can sorta be a, well, ummm... tiny bit of a bitch to do.

And so we come to the last pic of the day.... I went to a little gift shop on the town square today to get the (ex) father in law a birthday card and I found this - what a hoot! Had to have it for my office... not only because it's quite clever, but it's also been said I bear a striking resemblance to the Wicked Witch. 'Must be the green skin...

Now, how exciting is my life? Don't answer that... I know, I know...

No comments: