11.11.2009

Wednesday

It's Veterans Day and I wish to all those who are serving and have served a BIG thank you!

Because it is a state holiday and because I am a state employee, I had the day off! I took Rebecca to school and came home and started laundry, which, I must confess, I am still doing now. My dryer isn't the most efficient appliance in my house and I really should get a new one, but they cost money - lots of money - and Christmas is coming and I really must set a goal of saving for one. I did get a lot accomplished today though - I popped into the grocery store and got dog food, deodorant, and ingredients to make vegetable beef soup for supper tomorrow - and I've put out some bread dough to thaw... I'll bake in the morning while I put all the good stuff in the crock pot to cook all day. With all this wet, windy, fall weather it will be a tasty dinner tomorrow night after a long, long day running around. Whew.

I've not forgotten about Linus and Sally - it's all not quite solidified in my head yet - the dialog between them while sitting in the pumpkin patch is really rather adult... or I should say it's really rather revealing of male/female perceptions. Linus thinks Sally is there because she believes in the Great Pumpkin. Sally is there because she believes in Linus - she wants to be with Linus, she wants to share what's important to him, whether or not she buys into the premise that a Great Pumpkin will come to the most sincere pumpkin patch and reward those who believe. Linus is genuinely surprised when she calls it a "good story" and that's when he makes those assertions about little girls being trusting and innocent.

So... that's as far as I've gotten in the thought process... I think men often times think that women are innocent - that women are incapable of being underhanded and manipulative - and I think that's a mistake. Women all have the ability - we just don't all act on it. And so... I need to think on it a tiny bit more before I finish the thought - it's not a completely negative idea... just all not fully formed... stay with me - we'll come back to it at some point here at the ball.

That's it for today - I'm sleepy as all get outs.... I'll be back... hehehe.

No comments: