4.07.2010

Rant and Rave

It has been a horrendous week - and it's only Wednesday! It's a lot of work stuff... and then I'm having problems with our utilities. The phone company says I didn't pay the bill but I did - I mean I wrote the check and dropped it by the phone company - but I guess it didn't get credited or something. So I call and find out because I've not changed over the bills and put them in MY name they won't tell me anything - hey, they'll take a new check from ME but they won't tell me anything. And so, I ask what I need to do the change them over and the process just verified for me why I haven't done it yet. It's a pain in my ASS! He has to sign something, I have to sign something, I have to pay $22. The only saving grace is we don't have to come together. The cable company, on the other hand, demands us to come together. If not, he can call and cancel the service and that will leave me without service for a few days while they process the work order and run a friggin' background check on me and charge me a connection fee. Sheesh. I've not even bothered to call the electric company yet to see what the process is for that - probably involves a blood sacrifice and my first born. Who knows.

The crazy thing about all this is I've always paid the bills. I've always made sure they were on time. Now they wanna run a background check on me!? Yeah, um sure. right. So I called him, the ex, and told him the dilemma and he insisted the bills had been in BOTH our names and I had to say no, they weren't. He said he could have sworn and I said no, the nice ladies I've talked to wouldn't tell me anything because my name is NOT on any bill. He said I didn't understand what he was saying... but I did understand and the answer was/is no. My name is nowhere on any bill. So... damn. We gotta jump through some new flippin' hoops.

The lady at the cable company tried to make me feel better - she said, well, if it's any consolation it's harder to deal with when someone dies. I'm thinking to myself - what the heck - you folks try to squeeze money out of dead person? The federal government is so kind to us, all these protection laws... where were my protection laws when he was cattin' around on me? I was holding down the fort... and now I've got to get his permission to do him a favor. Screw it.

Ok... thanks for listening to my rant.

No comments: