6.15.2010

Stress and an Impending Birthday - Unrelated

So far this week has been better than the last. It was a rough one I will admit - court, visits, training, a meeting in Columbia. This week we still have training and court but, for me, it's less stress. I notice I handle stress differently now than I used to - growth I guess? It exhausts me but it doesn't make me irritable. I seem to be able to recharge easier too. A good nights sleep and a well balanced meal and I bounce back quickly. Thank you Lord!

It's been hot as hades here and the heat can sure be draining. A nice in ground pool would be awesome! A week at the beach would be even better! We don't go until the second week of August, sigh.... Next week I reach the grand ol' milestone of 44 - yeah. Today I received a birthday card from the ladies at the state office. It really made me smile, a half dozen well wishes from ladies I see a few times a year- funny how something so simple can do that to you. I went shopping with my mom on Sunday to buy Holly's birthday presents and mom had me pick out a few things I wanted. She said dad didn't just want to give me money because they always just give me money. I told her money works for me but she sorta laughed and said they knew I didn't really spend the money on me... guess they've got my number, eh? So she "talked" me into picking out a Vera Bradley handbag in a new pattern and I "talked" her into buying me a checkbook cover in the same pattern so they'd match. I'd like to have a few other pieces too - well all the travel pieces - but it gets expensive ya know? The laptop case would be nice to have but I already have one in a different pattern and hey, why do I need a second one just so all my pieces match? Mom also bought me a pair of earrings and a new toe ring. Cute huh?

This weekend we will all be with Holly's family on Saturday to celebrate her birthday and Sunday we are going to my folks to celebrate my birthday and Holly's and to say happy Father's Day. Then perhaps we will stop by the in laws to wish father in law well and say hello to the ex (I just threw up a little). As easy as it would be to ignore him I suppose that wouldn't be very nice. I'm sorta struggling with what to give as little gifts for all the fathers... I'm at a loss. Any ideas? I may just get my dad some golf balls because he plays several times a week and they come in handy. I can find the father in law something at Williams Sonoma but the ex... sheesh. His birthday was this past weekend too, so we used up our idea on that one. Again, any ideas?

I find myself half looking forward to my birthday... that's a change from years past. One more little piece falling into place I suppose. We'll see how it goes :-)

No comments: