9.18.2011

The More Things Change...

the more they stay the same eh? 

It's been along few weeks and at some point I will post my thoughts and feelings surrounding all the excitement leading up to the wedding and about the wedding itself.  I'll also post the experience from a divorce point of view too - but really the point of view I have with a contentious divorce, not an amicable one. Sheesh... he continues to be such a tool.

For now though, I'm just sorta shaking my head and smiling.

The birds of love, my dear son and his very new wife, returned today from their honeymoon.  Me, silly mom that I am, expected not to see them for a few days - I mean, why on earth would you want to go anywhere but be in your new house on the day you return from your honeymoon?  But nope, what do they do?  They pop over to my house for dinner, since they didn't have food in their house.  How funny is that?  They just left, about ten minutes ago, and took a load a few more of Joshua's things and some wedding gifts.  But it was fun, to just have them here - to listen to their stories and to talk about the beauty and wonderment surrounding the day. 

We've all started a new chapter.  Rebecca and I have enjoyed the week of solitude... we're settling into it being just the two of us again, and we're slowly realigning how we do things around here.  It's all gonna be ok... perfectly ok... new stories on the horizon.  Me, well, Rebecca is driving now and I'm not needed to chauffeur her back and forth to dance class... whatever shall I do with myself these days?

1 comment:

VSL Poltroon said...

"whatever shall I do with myself these days?"

well, to start with, you could catch up on your correspondence...

:-)