7.18.2012

Wednesday

Boring title I know - but I'm not feeling too inspired other than I want to write.  I'm sitting here babysitting the washer as I wash clothes.  I won't bore anyone with the details but washing clothes at the moment is a creative endeavour.  I need to put my big girl panties on once again and ask my dad about it.  It's not so much the washer but the drain.  It's another one of those "projects" the ex half-assed and it's finally caught up with me.  Yeah, that's the funny part of it - it's caught up with me.  He's picked an awesome time to be bouncing checks.  But of course the check bouncing isn't his fault and for me to even semi-suggest that it is, caused the angry ex to come out with the pissy retorts. He really is an extremely self-centered bastard. 

Not that anyone is really paying attention concerning me and the saga of yard work but I broke down and purchased a weed eater.  It's an electric one and it requires a 100ft extension cord so I can reach all the areas I need to but I can start it easily and it's just my size and it was only $30.  Yesterday I whacked all the areas around the yard that looked hideous because I couldn't get to them with the riding mower.  I cleaned up the area next to the deck and put out mulch.  I mowed most of the yard until the thunder and lightening got bad enough that I had to come in the house.  The only area left is the very back section.  It occurred to me though as I was riding around out there it's possible my neighbors video me and put me on youtube for the whole wide world to see and laugh at - it's got to be pretty funny watching the forty something woman battling a weed eater and an extension cord, fixing the string when it does whatever the string does so it won't eat weeds, and generally looking like a goober.  Then here I am riding around on this mower - I have to do some weird contortionist act to get it started because your butt has to be firmly planted on the seat while you depress whatever pedal it is you have to depress while you turn the key.  My legs aren't long enough to reach the pedal without sliding off the seat too much so I have to really lean back making sure to keep just enough weight in the seat as I stretch my leg in just the right way to get it going.   I whiz around the yard and manage to run into tree limbs (although I've cut a good many back).  I'm sure the sight of me carrying bags of mulch around was pretty ridiculous looking also.  It doesn't matter though, not really - I don't care how silly I look at this point.  I'm just ready to have things nice and squared away.  Oh, and if anyone wondered, I did break the pressure washer but all is not lost!  I found a place that sells replacement parts and the part I broke came today - I now get how it goes on and works so, as soon as the weather decides to cooperate and not begin thundering at five as I leave work, I will try the whole power wash experiment again.


No comments: