5.09.2010

May 9th...

Today is Mother's Day and it's really been a lovely one. I slept in a tad, got up and popped the baked beans into the oven and the kids surprised me with the most lovely gift: a set of copper rain cups! I've always wanted a set and a few weeks ago we were in a store that had a set hanging up and I mentioned how pretty they were, then today bingo! That was so thoughtful of them, not only for the gift but for hearing me say something and really taking that to heart. I'm touched!

We drove out and had a visit with my mom and dad. Mom hates my hair - she didn't say as much but she said she didn't like it as much as some of the other cuts I've had... you read between the lines. We had a nice visit though. I told her I was sorry her gift wasn't ready yet, but she didn't care so much about that I don't think - she just enjoyed seeing the kids. After we left there we called the in laws to see if there were home and we stopped by there to drop the card for ex mother in law off. We visited for a little while and explained the gift wasn't ready. Ex came down from upstairs for a split second and said hello to the kids then went outside. He was out there for a long while then came in and said hi to the kids again and said he he'd leave us so we could visit and then went upstairs. No goodbyes were said when we left. We got in the car and Joshua said, "Could home-dude get any weirder?"

Tomorrow I have the day off... I plan to spend most of it here at the house. I have some plants I want to set in pots. I need to run to the dump and pay a few bills - I'll do all that either as I drop Rebecca off or pick her up. She has dance in the evening and I have a board meeting to attend. But I like the fact I have a day to just chill. Snaps for me!

No comments: