8.15.2010

Home Again, Home Again...

jiggity jig...

The week was very nice - we spent a great deal of time doing absolutely nothing. We didn't push ourselves to be anywhere and ended up spending a lot of time sitting by the pool or at the beach. It was wonderful actually. I read four books. They are as follows, just in case anyone wonders:

1) Sizzlin' Sixteen - the latest Janet Evanovich novel about the spunky bounty hunter from Joisey, Stephanie Plum. It wasn't the funniest or most entertaining of the series but an ok beach read.

2) Have a Little Faith - I bought this little book back in January thinking I would read it while at the dance convention but it didn't happen. It was inspiring and thought provoking, most typical of Mitch Ablom. I still love The Five People You Meet in Heaven, it's one of my most favorites and it always makes me cry. I did shed a tear at the end of this one too...

3) 84 Charing Cross Road - this was a birthday gift from a very dear friend and reading it sitting by the ocean, my feet in the sand, my big straw hat on my head, I got lost for about an hour and half in the world of the people in the story. The book is simply years of correspondence between people on two continents - there is so much affection in the letters they exchange...

4) Shem Creek - It's another formula book, like the Stephanie Plum series, but it's set in South Carolina. Dorthea Benton Frank writes well and the books I've read all involve a woman searching for something after a devastating loss... the main character eventually finds herself, finds her way, finds love. Shem Creek was sweet. The mom was from the Low Country, transplanted to New Jersey years earlier, she returns with her girls to find peace and contentment once again. It's a modern day fairy tale - the kind of story that both fascinates me with hope yet frustrates with the awareness that such things don't happen in real life.

Rebecca starts school tomorrow - 10th grade! I can't hardly believe it. Her birthday is next Sunday and she'll be 15! Wow, where has all the time gone?

Ok, time to think about bed, time to get into the school year groove... I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to remove and replace the filling that's cracked. fun fun. Oh, and I didn't do too many pictures this week at the beach - the camera fogged up everytime I took it outside - but here ya go... Floppsy, Mopsy and Cottontail 5.2.


No comments: