4.04.2009

Just in case you were wondering...



Picture day went well. She was a peach... an absolutely perfect peach... photos started at 3:30 and the last picture was taken at 9:45... and it was of daughter. Throughout the whole evening she kept her poise and presented herself with grace. It amazes me sometimes just how beautiful she is.... inside and out... and oh, I'm excited about the pictures, they'll be different I think.

It's a gorgeous day... I am washing bed sheets and comforters... giddy about the coming week - it's SPRING BREAK and I don't have to work plus I get paid for it! Can't beat that, huh? I hope the weather holds - I'm looking forward to getting outside and digging around, doing some cleaning in the house. This week is such a great opportunity to slow down and breathe... gather myself... prepare for the next few months of movement and hurry. whew.

I bought son a graduation gift this week... a tiny inexpensive thing but something I hope will be meaningful... something that can be with him as he ventures out into the world, something that can be with him when I can not. It's a worry stone... a polished little stone that he can keep in his pocket or in his nightstand or on his desk... something he can pick up and hold, rub between his thumb and finger when he's anxious or has something on his mind. Perhaps it won't mean much to him now... but the little gift has meaning to me, makes me feel like I'm sending him out prepared, a symbol of all the hard work that's gone into raising and educating him.

I splurged this week and bought tickets to see three Broadway touring company plays this coming season in the big city (no... not NYC). We'll see Chicago, South Pacific, and... drum roll please..................... WICKED! The only way I knew to ensure we got tickets was to purchase the Broadway subscription deal, so now tickets are locked in and I don't have to worry about Wicked selling out when they go on sale in October. It wasn't exactly cheap but it wasn't outrageous either and it sorta was out of character for me, which I like. I'm finally starting to do things I normally would second guess, things I would want to do but talk myself out of doing. Life is just to damn short to sit at home and worry about spending a couple hundred dollars, don't you think?

So there you have it... a sorta week in review... aren't ya glad you checked in to see? hehehe...

No comments: