8.19.2009

Automotive Update...

Ahhh well... I took my car up to the dealership today - it's been making this humming sound... gotten louder, and I've been worried about what's causing it... and because I'm really all by my lonesome with a teenage girl (it's slightly freaking me out that she's turning 14 and in HIGH SCHOOL) I know that I can't really be without reliable transportation. To add to that, I don't really have anyone reliable too call if/when the car decides to die on me... so... I used a sick day today, made an appointment and took it up to the big city. Well... It will cost me just under 2 grand to get it fixed - and actually that's sorta a deal. It really figures - lol - because I paid the sucker off a few months ago... lol... ahhhhhhmmmmm.

The front wheel bearings have issues - so they are being replaced... had the back ones replaced two years ago, and guess what? Front ones are more expensive to replace apparently than back ones... go figure. Also, there is a question about my transmission. Now that is still under a partial type warranty and they said they could flush it (which would be several hundred dollars) or use the warranty and have it replaced at a very reduced cost to me. SO.... I'm sorta hedging my bets here a little... I only have about 15,000 miles until the warranty is useless... it's only money, right?

I'm ok though, actually, really... funny, the guy was getting my rental car ready (a mini coop) and another guy was sitting there too... and little quips were flying about and I said something like, ahhh well... not what I had really wanted to deal with but I guess I gotta look on the bright side of the whole thing, be a glass half full kinda gal - and they guy laughed and he said something about it seeming like my glass was more than half full... that my attitude was a really good one under the circumstances - and I said yeah, but what am I gonna do - it definitely could be worse.... And I'm not really stressing... it is what it is -

I'm taking advantage of the day off work - I stopped by the grocery store and ordered the girl's cookie cake for Saturday. She didn't want a cake - wanted a cookie so that's what she'll get... and I'm having them put sunflowers on it as opposed to roses - because, well, I love sunflowers and she's sorta my sunshiny girl and it fits... and then I went by the cell phone store and got the cell phone she wanted (and has no idea she's going to get). Ya see I've had a third line on my plan for four years now... got it for son's gf so I could avoid a repeat of the crazy phone bill I had the first month they were at school... it worked really well but now we have the whole friends and family deal thing and they are both out of college, gf doesn't need the extra line and it's time for daughter to have it... but my little snob of a diva doesn't like the current phone so I got a different one (at a very reduced cost - being a VIP and all) and I will wrap it and she will have a huge surprise for Saturday. I also changed our mobile plan some too... it's hard to keep up with all the changes and deals... so now we're up to date! It didn't hurt that the little fella helping me was so friendly...

Whew... Maybe if I listen to that enough I'll start to believe it?

No comments: