1.18.2010

Convention 2010



The dance convention was great as usual. She did a lot of dancing and I think she learned a lot. We all went out to the beach today to take pictures (like we always do) and again I got some great ones... she really can be a ham when the mood strikes!

I am exhausted. Weekends are supposed to be relaxing and laid back - an opportunity to sleep in a little and take things slow - there is no laid back at the dance convention, there is only movement - movement - movement. Last night we ordered pizza and ate cheesecake and laughed. We did get to sleep in this morning! It was awesome!

The convention is nothing but back to back dance classes - rooms packed full of girls and guys learning choreography very quickly. It's fast paced and can be very challenging - here's a tiny taste -

(ok, it's not working.... I'll get back to it - ok... now it works - go figure...)

Tomorrow I start work officially as a full time employee. I was hired to work 30 hours a week - a few weeks ago I was asked if I would consider full time (which is 37.5 hours a week) and I said yes. I couldn't turn it down - it's not easy to make happen and I would eventually have had to go full time anyway. I'm just doing it a year or so earlier than I would have liked. The only snag is picking Rebecca up from school and getting her to dance but I think I have that covered - grandmothers have agreed to help me - which is wonderful. I, however, am not used to asking for help, getting help, or accepting help. It's a growing experience I suppose...? I plan to use this extra money to build up my savings account and work on stashing a way funds for Rebecca's looming college education. I am planning to splurge on myself though - I'm going to buy a new camera! I'm going to get a fancy camera... one I have to study the manual to use. I'm not sure when I'm going to get it - but I will get it... mark my words!

Heavens! It's getting late - sweet dreams!

No comments: