1.29.2010

Had a Bad Day...

The theme song for today...

It's sleeting outside - the weather people have been warning us of an impending storm and I will confess I have not believed them because I am a doubting Thomas. Well, at least when it comes to weather predictions I am. We shall see what tomorrow brings. If there is anything to see I will post a picture. If not... well... nothing special to see. right? right.

It was a rough one, I'll be honest. I guess it's not too productive to go into really because it sounds a lot like bitching. It was what it was, I worked through it and did what I could - what I couldn't do will get done on Monday and I have to accept that sometimes I can't fix everything. Breathe... oooooooommmmmmmmm... I need my happy place damnit!

The thing I've noticed lately, which has really struck me as odd for some reason, is I've had a few moments this week when it would have been nice to have someone to talk to - someone to discuss the day with, and I look around and there really isn't anyone. I've had to self soothe, which is not an unfamiliar experience for me. It's lonely though... and then there just happens to be a light, superficial conversation with someone and that feeling dissipates, I'm not so lonely anymore and it's not because I've fallen into some deep emeshed hole - it's just light and fun. My bad day is mine - plain and simple and all that matters is what I do with it. I can say to someone - gee, I had a bad day and someone can say to me - I'm sorry to hear that... and we can move on from there. Bad days no longer define me. They once did, I will admit - but no longer. Free at last, free at last...!

No comments: