1.26.2010

Wicked... and Assorted Sundries...

Sunday night we are seeing Wicked! Woot! I just purchased two extra tickets so Joshua and Holly can go (totally unsolicited by them) - gee, you'd think I had more money these days?!? Like I got some sorta raise in my salary or somethin'? Seeing Wicked is an opportunity we don't get everyday around here. Joshua could probably live the rest of his life and not miss the experience but I think he'll like it once he sees it. He's much more cultured than he lets on....

I'm tired... we had court today and it went well but preparing for court requires a fair amount of concentration. I'm only working an hour and a half more a day but gee... my... whew. I'm happy though... content. I've had something on my mind, not weighing on me in any way, just there. I'm also hearing that little voice... the one that says to me, just be patient. It's the answer to the question - well maybe not the answer, maybe the assurance to wait because an answer will come... one day... on God's time not mine. It's always been about God's time, always. Perhaps I've finally gotten to some point where I finally understand that and accept it. Maybe, I've just thrashed about and fought it for so long I'm just worn out - but I don't feel worn out. Actually, I feel liberated. free. light. A far cry from worn out, wouldn't y'all say?

It perplexes me, if I'm honest. I sitting here on some kind of summit and I'm wondering, was it really so hard to get here? It's like when you exercise - go for a really long walk up hills, down hills, going along at a might quick clip and you just don't think you're going to survive it... and you're promising yourself that if you make it you're never gonna do it again - and then... you're there - and those endorphins kick in and you feel awesome and you can breathe so deeply and effortlessly and you're ready to go - again... not that I'm ready to go through more pain... that's not it - gee, not a great analogy I guess. But actually, really, it is. It's not so much that I want to do it again but more so that I know I can do it... and I did do it... and I survived it... excelled in spite of it... because of it.

I like where I am, I like this vantage point. For now, I'm just gonna enjoy the view.

No comments: