3.21.2010

This Year's Selection

To your left is the pointe costume for this year. They are dancing to Roxanne, but not the Police version - the Moulin Rouge version - which ends up sounding very tango-ish, Spanish feeling. It's caused a little stir around the studio because of the lyrical content of the song but hey... whatever.

To your right are the two costumes for her tap/jazz class. There is the black and gold number for, what else, Black and Gold - this years jazz dance. The black and teal dress is for tap and I don't know the name of the song at the moment. It starts out being very old fashioned jazz style and then breaks into a modern hip hop sorta song.

Costumes were once again quite expensive - but what did we expect, right? These are only three of the seven. But hey - I had no problem paying for them this year. Life is good - see, what have I been tellin' y'all? It's definitely nice having enough money to take care of stuff like this - dance costumes and competition fees, spring registration fees for school, washer and dryer... it's nice to buy stuff when we run out and not stress about budgeting for it. We run out of shampoo, I just stock up... toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags.... dog food, cat food... same thing. For a while I had to be careful with money - don't get me wrong, I still have to be careful but I have breathing room these days - and boy did I need it.

This weekend is the first competition of the season - more pictures to follow soon... :-)

No comments: