7.03.2010

Dog Days of Summer

It has cooled off a little here in my little spot of the world but the weather folks are promising another heat wave coming soon. Yeah. I am so ready to head to the beach for our week of fun in the sun... but alas I have to get through July and the big trial first. This trial is weighing very heavily on me. I can not fathom these children going home - and yes I know the judge is the one who will ultimately make that decision but still... it's there for me, in the back of my mind. I've so wanted someone to talk to me, listen to me, tell me it's going to be ok and there was no one. Then my dear friend from far away called me last night and I found myself just spilling it and he was great. I didn't want him to fix it, didn't expect him to make it all better - but just the simple act of verbalizing it and someone listening to me and getting how important it is to me - that was, wow, exactly what I needed. So thanks dear... I so very much appreciate you and the fact that I can count on you to listen and be there for me.

Rebecca and I hopped up the road today and bought paint. I'm planning to paint tomorrow and Monday. I think that will give me plenty of time. I took Tuesday off also because Rebecca has some dance stuff today as well as the photo shoot with the photography guild. After we got back today from the store I watered all my plants and we gave the dog a bath. That's a chore and a half. We do it outside under the water hose. He's too big for his own good and looks like a darn bear. He sheds like crazy and I feel like I'm wearing a fur coat after brushing him. But he's clean now - whoopee! At least for a little while. I think I need a nap.

My mom send me an email this afternoon - one of those pass it along deals - but I liked the sentiment at the end so I thought I'd share:

Life is short...forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that made you smile.

The forgiving thing, well I'm working on that but the truth is there are very few people I feel unforgiving toward. The rest of it, well... makes me smile. I particularly like not regretting anything that's made me smile - especially the wicked things lol!

I should get busy again... no rest for the wicked, eh?!?

No comments: