7.31.2010

Saturday Mornings

I love Saturday mornings, don't get me wrong. They're quiet and there is no need to jump out of bed, no need to rush around to get out the door for work. This morning I woke to slow, soft rumbles of thunder and I'm watching it rain so steadily outside my bedroom window - gee, I need to get those beautiful rain cups hung and I think I've figured out where!

Saturday mornings make me a little sad though. I have too much time to think, which for me is never a good thing - ever. I'm much too dangerous when I have time to think - I'm better off when I'm so damn busy I don't have the opportunity for a proper bowel movement. All this personal, emotional, spiritual growth has worn me out. I'm tired of it, and I have these really intense moments of desire - a desire to forget and ignore the truth. What truth? Well, that's for me to know... y'all to ponder. Beating a dead horse is getting old, so all I will say is I feel like I'm at the top of the mountain, finally, I'm here, reached the destination and the view, wow, it's awesome, truly, but it's lonely. Two out of three ain't bad though, two out of three ain't bad....

WOW, it's really raining - and I could stay like this all day - listening to it pour, watching it all from my window. I almost forgot there for a moment it was the last day of July, so unusual for this time of year to see a dark sky and torrential rain. It's much needed - shoot, I should take my ferns off the porch and put them out in the rain - oh, well... if I went to go do it right now it would ruin the mood and I definitely don't want to do that, so I think I'll just stay here, right here, on the bed.

I woke to a dream this morning, much like one I had a few weeks ago where I unexpectedly ran into someone I once knew, someone I've not spoken to in over a year. We went our separate ways, have entirely different lives now and just running into one another isn't likely to ever happen, so it's odd to dream about him, dream about just bumping into him out of the blue... crazy huh? I wonder why this is something that's hovering in my subconscious these days?

One week until we head to the beach, the glorious beach, my Tara...

No comments: