3.08.2009

It's a Rainbow



or How I Spent My Saturday



Aren't they pretty? Just what are they you might wonder... well they are skirts... unfinished skirts, but skirts - I still need to add the waistbands - but I will do that after I fit them to the girls. These are going to be part of the costume for a dance the girls are doing next weekend in a competition. The red one is missing - it's at the studio. It was the prototype - my daughter's - I made mistakes on it but those will be covered by a belt so I suppose it's all good. I had to have something to learn on... so daughter was the lucky one! I'm not the best seamstress, taught myself how to sew making Halloween costumes for the kids back in my Martha Stewart days and there is still a lot I don't know. The pattern calls for zippers but we opted for Velcro and I haven't quite decided what's gonna be the best way to hem these puppies but hey - as long as they stay on the girls I guess we are golden!

No comments: