2.17.2010

Little of This, Little of That

My son was so sweet and gave me roses for Valentines Day. I think somewhere down deep he must love his momma, even if he doesn't always show it - lol! They are rather pretty, don't you think? I think Joshua has grown to understand some things. I think he has a better understanding of life and a better understanding of what I've done, what I've had to do, to take care of all of us. I feel like he respects me and values me - both as mom and a person. In an odd sorta way it humbles me and I'm so very grateful to have reached this place with him. It's pretty cool...

Rebecca and I went to see The Lightening Thief on Saturday. It was a cute movie but of course Rebecca was really only interested in the cute guy. She's so 14 now, so teenager... golly it's a scary thing sometimes. She has moments of unabashed silliness... and it can be so darn infectious. I find myself giggling with her at times, giggling at her. It makes me happy that she can be so happy. Makes me feel as if somewhere along the way I've done something right that she can be so free and lighthearted. She is planning her future - figuring stuff out - learning and growing and experiencing exciting things... it could very easily be different. She could be sullen and dark with the weight of the world on her shoulders, and she's not. I can't help but feel like I'm a truly lucky person.

It's getting late here... I had another topic I had planned to blog about but I've had a kind of sporadic opportunity to type all this tonight - lots of interruptions! This might be a good thing though - it will give me an opportunity to think about it some more...

Until then I have more video - I know you're thrilled... lol!


No comments: