2.07.2010

A Mother's Work...


It was recommended that Rebecca get a new pair of Pointe shoes for the master classes (really the audition but she says it's less stressful if we call them master classes) in a few weeks. Her other ones still fit well but they have been died black and really for audition attire they should be the traditional pink, to go along with the customary pink tights and black leo. We drove up to the dance store Friday and had her fitted for a new pair. These are her third pair of Russian Pointes, and even though she did try on some different shoes by different companies, she still went back to the Russians. I think I've mentioned before these puppies aren't cheap, sigh. And I think I've mentioned before that it requires the ribbons and elastic to be sewn on by hand. So guess what I was doing today? Yep, that's right, sewing on ribbons. I was working on the elastic but it was stressing me out so I set them aside for now. I have learned when something frustrates me to set it aside for a time and when I come back to it things tend to go much smoother. I will attempt the elastic tomorrow when I feel fresh and more patient.

The day has been busy. I taught Sunday School and we went to the church service. We had lunch and then went to visit my folks (dad had a birthday last week). We then came home and I washed some clothes and sewed on the ribbons. We watched the Super Bowl and now it's quiet time. The work week starts again tomorrow and I guess it will be ok... I mean there is nothing exceptional on the calendar. I have my mom's workout tomorrow and belly dancing on Tuesday. I need to find something to keep me busy the rest of the week... keep me active. Hmmm....

Several times this week I was asked about the ex. On several occasions I have been asked if I thought he was happy. Odd, to me, that people would ask me that question. I don't know if he's happy or not. I don't really care. I suppose that sounds callous, but I have too much of my own work to do. I don't wish him ill will. I would hope that he's happy. But really, I'm more concerned about my happiness than his.

And so there is the weekend. Fun stuff huh? I'm working toward something a tad more meaningful - it's all up in my head, twirling around but hasn't quite settled into anything solid yet. We'll see what happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Business as usual. I've never been in more of a one-day-at-a-time mode than I am now...