2.24.2010

Midweek

Okie dokie... it's Wednesday and I have absolutely nothing to say - nothing at all.

The little torture chick who does my Monday night workout plays this as part of her music mix: When I Grow Up. She always grins at me when it comes on because she knows I like the song. She'll say something like, "There you go... time for you to kick it into high gear." Isn't she just precious? But it works, I usually get a tiny bit more energized, and I have to laugh about how something so cheesy manages to make a difference in a mind that should be immune to cheese by now. I like the workout and it's gotten easier as the weeks have gone by... next week we won't have it because little Attila will be on spring break and then she'll turn around and do it twice the next week... ouch! But I've found myself wishing we were doing it more than once a week and I actually like the soreness in my muscles, in a really weird masochistic way it's motivating, ya know?

I still have belly dancing too. We have added veils to our dancing and I really like the veil work. It's killer on the arms but looks so pretty as you twirl and twist. I'm still not great about doing the top moves and the bottom moves at the same time. I manage one, and then the other, but really all separately... not together in the least... and our instructor just laughs, which is what it's all about anyway - laughing at yourself and being ok with people laughing too. I'm moving though - active - and right now I might look silly but the more I do it I guess it gets less silly looking. I don't imagine I will never be someone who belly dances in a professional capacity of any sort but I enjoy it and that was the whole point in the first place - to do something I might enjoy.

Work is hectic this week. I went tonight and visited with three of my children and took Rebecca with me. The kids love her although they've only seen her once before, but they ran to her and hugged her and then spent the entire visit happily taking turns with her attention. She was so sweet and gentle with them and they pick up on that... they respond to it... bless their little hearts, they've not had a whole lot of that in their short, chaotic lives. Tomorrow morning I have to be in court early and then I lead training in the evening. In the middle of all that I'm helping a friend with her math work for a college course she's taking. Friday I have to be in Columbia all day for a staff meeting. Tonight, as I changed clothes and washed my face, I thought how crazy it all is, how busy I am. And then I realized I love it. I like being this busy - I like the purpose... I like knowing I have places to be and tasks to complete. I still need to learn the art of juggling but I don't feel overwhelmed, which has to be good, right?

No comments: