9.30.2008

Belle Wants...

I want to write something... not sure what. I've had some sparks of ideas but nothing has formed yet and really my mind just keeps coming back to one subject and I honestly don't know what I want to say about it. I can't quite get my thoughts in kind of logical sequence and me being me I need a logical sequence. I've been busy lately so that's not helped me put any of it in order and it's frustrating.

The latest CD in the car is Keith Urban. I've actually seen him in concert twice - there are several songs he sings that just make me happy - Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me, and Somebody Like You. Listening to those while I drive makes me wanna keep on goin' down I-26 til I hit the ocean - impractical I know - especially with gas prices - but perhaps one day I'll do it... just keep on goin'! I'll let ya know.

I think though my favorite Keith Urban song is Raining on Sunday... just something about it that makes me very thoughtful and quiet... I like the romance of it... the possibility of taking a day, a rainy, dark day, and just focusing on someone... the sensuality of it all appeals to me. Perhaps one day I'll be able to experience that with someone - someone who loves the rain as much as I do....

I've decided should things work out job wise I will buy myself a present. There are several things that need to be done around the house - I need to paint the living room and I want a new mirror for the bathroom... I have some pictures I'd like to get framed and I want to have daughter's first pair of Russian Pointe shoes put in a shadow box... all little things I've put off because of money. But the one thing I want - the one thing that's totally frivolous, would be to buy a Japanese rain chain. I saw them on HGTV a few weeks ago - a couple had someone come and landscape their home and outside the front door were two pots of plants with rain chains hanging above them. I'd like to have one - to be able to listen to the sound and have another way to enjoy the rain. Aren't they pretty?

2 comments:

VSL Poltroon said...

Which one do you like best?

Belle said...

Wow... thanks for askin' - I like the Tara cups best... they are very expensive so I probably wouldn't get them though. I like the Arts and Crafts cups (my dream house is an Arts and Crafts style). And I like the Star Flower cups.