12.26.2009

Day After

Another Christmas has come and gone... and as I've said this year has been a good one, a departure from the disconnect I've felt in the past... is this the natural progression that follows a divorce?

I think Rebecca and I will brave the world and run to the big city this evening and see a movie. My dad gave me $50 as a Christmas gift and I can't think of a nicer way to spend it than to take my favorite girl out for some fun. I made a resolution at the beginning of the year to see more movies and it's something I've actually followed through on - imagine that?!?

I have a headache and I've taken something and I'm waiting for it to subside. We've been eating leftovers and I'm feeling a tad bit stuffed. It doesn't help my female "gift" decided to arrive at the same time Christmas did so I've got that puffiness to content with too - oh joy! It will not stop me from enjoying popcorn tonight at the movie though! The first of the year is coming and I can always take the Special K Challenge - woot!

I have something that's been on my mind, something I've been mulling around: when does stubbornness get in the way of happiness? What is self preservation and what is pride? I don't ever want to be in the position I was in with my ex - before he was my ex - when I ate all the lies and tolerated all the neglect... I was loyal and kind and caring and way more understanding than I should have been. Was I perfect? No. But the truth is I was way more conciliatory and meek than my personality would suggest. Now I've freed myself from it, now I deal with the aftermath - so am I overreacting? Am I protecting myself more than necessary? I don't think so, I don't know... something to discuss with the therapist I suppose -

Enjoy the weekend.... I'll let ya know about the movie :-)

No comments: