12.18.2009

It Was Bound To Happen

It has been a very nasty wet cold, cold day. I've not been warm since I woke up this morning. Just north of here it's snowing - we get the rain. Of course I had to be out in it today, work, picking Rebecca up after her exam, going back to work, coming home to be here when the heating guy came to service the furnace, going back out to the post office and then the cafe to get some chicken stew and then out again for my mani/pedi. And... wouldn't you know, in all that running I would drop my phone outside, forget it for about five minutes and find it just to be tricked thinking it was ok... it was working after all, and then, it died. I guess the universe was trying to tell me something - I've been saying I wanted a new phone for a while now but didn't want to pay for it right now so I was holding off. But... well... I sorta had no choice. It's dead.

In all the years I've had a cell phone, which have been many, I've never destroyed a phone before today. It's uncharted territory for me. Usually I get a run of the mill phone - nothing special, nothing fancy - this time, well I got a nice touch phone - probably more phone than I need, but oh well... I had the nice sales guy (he's helped me before, such a doll) add the data plan to my line also - now I can take the Internet with me where ever I go... just what I need, huh?

Oh well. I need to make sure I'm nice to this phone - but like I said I've had a half dozen phones and never killed one until today - I feel like such a failure! I'll get over it in due time though, I'm sure. I'm just aggravated I don't have all my contacts - argh!

No comments: