12.27.2009

Four More!


This is a picture taken during last week's service at church. The lovely young lady portraying Mary is our very own Rebecca. She was wonderful! Our church is very old and very beautiful and can really be an inspirational place to worship. I just thought I'd share :-)

The new year is fast approaching and I've almost completed the challenge I made to myself to post something everyday in the month of December. It's been a good exercise but not one I'm thinking I will attempt to repeat. I like writing when the mood strikes me - when I really feel like I have a complete thought. I've not felt like that while posting everyday. Plus, the busy nature of the season has made it more difficult for me to collect my thoughts and process them into an entry about which I can feel good. I still have four more posts to deliver though - whew... can I do it?

I'm sitting in the living room - Rebecca and I are on our respective laptops, Joshua and Holly are out making merry with her family. The Music City Bowl is on the television and we're calmly watching to see who will be victorious. I will refrain from comment on our choice. I can smell the tree behind me. I don't look forward to the day I find it more practical to have a fake tree. I hope that's many years from now. I guess one day this week I will take some time to remove the ornaments and pack them away... the putting up is always so much more fun than the putting away. It would be nice to have someone to share that chore with, heaven knows the kids don't like to do it... and so I do it... my lonely little endeavor. Waaaaah...

But hey, that's the crux of what I've been missing my whole life, if ya wanna know the truth. Please don't jump to conclusions here, I'm not saying that I think everything, like taking down a Christmas tree, needs to be couple's activity... it doesn't. I'm just saying it would be nice to have some mundane chores to do together - that everything not fall on one person... and the sad truth of the matter is it all does fall on me, as it did during my marriage. That's a big part of what made my marriage so lonely. Today, now as a single woman, it makes sense... then, it didn't. Still doesn't mean I don't get lonely and miss the companionship of someone else. It's a lovely idea - companionship...

I'm blessed to have tomorrow off... seems sorta induglent. That's a state job for ya though, hehe. I look forward to saving some of my annual leave and taking more time next year... we'll see how it goes though. Night y'all!

No comments: